Not every Valentine needs a big heart or even the word love. This glossy hot pepper from Newton's Nook Designs works quite well for this holiday. The pepper is all glossied up with Ranger's Glossy Accents -- two coats.
How I Made This Card:
1. Stamped chili pepper on white card stock with Memento Tuxedo ink.
2. Colored with Copic Markers and cut out the pepper.
3. Ditto with the heart.
4. Cut and scored a white card and started playing with the chili pepper. Decided it was all too white.
5. Debated what to do with a colored cut out chili pepper and cooked dinner.
6. Decided to just play around and see what happens. Pulled out various card stocks and decided that kraft was the perfect backdrop for the orangey red pepper.
7. Covered pepper with Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.
8. Placed the pepper on the kraft card to see where to stamp the sentiment. Stamped and adhered pepper and heart to form a tight little triangle.
9. Decided the kraft card wasn't working -- kraft needs white -- and trimmed to get a kraft layer, ran a white ink pad around the sides and adhered to a bright Holly Memory Box note card.
MOOD WHEN DONE = Loving this Newton's Nook set
Stamps: Love a la Carte
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Hero Arts Unicorn
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White, SU Kraft, Memory Box Holly
Other: Ranger Glossy Accents, SU Paper Snips (great for fussy cutting), adhesive, paper cutter, time and money