Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Starting off the New Year (hope 2015 is happy and healthy for all of us) with a soft thank you card. Love the stripes combined with a swirly sentiment.
How I Made This Card:
1. Stamped striped background with pale gray ink (MFT's Grout Gray ink is fabulous) onto white cardstock.
2. Stamped small flower in Versamagic Pink Grapefruit ink.
3. Stamped sentiment in black, making sure that the twirl of the "t" ended on the center of the flower.
4. Rubbed the Grapefruit ink on a piece of white cardstock, trimmed.
5. Adhered Grapefruit strip to striped panel.
6. Adhered tiny pearl.
7. Adhered panel to white card, trimmed to 5.25" x 4" (slightly less than an A2 card).
MOOD WHEN DONE = pleased
HUSBAND'S COMMENT = "Ooh, like that little dot thing." [we call them pearls, dear....]
Stamps: Impression Obsession Diagonal Stripes and Impress Rubber (set appears to be retired)
Cardstock: Neenah White Solar
Ink: Versamagic Pink Grapefruit (I use the dew drop size), My Favorite Things Grout Gray, and Ranger Archival Black
Other: MISTI, paper trimmer, pearl, adhesive